The role of an IT devOps engineer combines aspects of a technical role and an IT operations role, touching development, services and general operational processes at TIOBE.
TIOBE has embraced the notion of technical excellence in all facets of engineering. With CI/CD, growing responsibilities of our services towards our customers and supporting the successful growth of the company, the IT DevOps plays a key supporting role.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability of relevant data and services, critical to the business of TIOBE and their customers.
- Help define the common deployment model that shapes TIOBEs cloud deployments for the future.
- Intelligent artifact/release management solutions.
- Following a structured approach, introducing cutting edge IT solutions to maintain the lead position as software quality organization.
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to both management team and operational level.
- Interact with product management to define infrastructure requirements.
- Pull the organization further into efficient and effective cutting edge IT practices. Share the knowledge and free up your time by educating others.
- Address the fundamental issues to avoid getting sidelined in daily firefights.
- Design infrastructure solutions to be able to present, promote, and evangelize your ideas.
- Package software artifacts as reusable components. Decouple CI from CD.
- Setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions from DevOps perspective.
- Customer oriented
- Stress resistant
- actively react on market trends
- follows structured approach
- Risk aware
- Able to serve different stakeholders
- Eager to learn
- Flexible in working hours if needed
- Bachelor’s but preferred Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Systems Engineering and DevOps role is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Proven track record of ground up AWS Cloud infrastructure architecture design with hands-on experience.
- Software engineering background. Skilled with standard enterprise patterns and software methodologies.
- Technical leader with the confidence and commitment to lead others.
- Design and implement large scale technological refactoring.
- Broad experience with Linux and Windows ecosystems.
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and config management tools like GIT, Terraform, Packer & Ansible.
- Experienced with IDM / SSO integration.
- Engineering Development, Monitoring/Observability tools and services Github, Github Actions, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Office365, Slack, Rails.